Spring is here! It was officially the first day of Spring in the UK on Monday, and so it seems only fitting that today I’m sharing my Spring Capsule Wardrobe with you all.
It currently consists of 34 pieces, 6 more than last season. As I’ve said previously, come Spring and Summer I like to have more top options to wear separately, as I’m less likely to layer up during these warmer months.
I’ve made sure to include a good variety of pieces that will cover the Spring weather in the UK as it swings from single figures up into early 20’s (here’s hoping, ey!). There’s linen and cotton short sleeve tees right down to a wool blend coatigan, so I’m confident I’ve got all bases covered. And if we have a really cold snap, well then I’ll just dig out my thermal tops and woolly hats. They’re never too far away!
There’s also a few pieces that will be floating around in the background as well. I haven’t included them in my Capsule, but they will likely swap with other pieces as we get closer to Summer (for example, the white cami I mentioned in Shopping my wardrobe for Spring – I got a bit too excited by one warm day, but this isn’t weather appropriate just yet, so it’s hanging out in storage again until we get right into Summer!).
My wool blend Coatigan is another piece that will likely swap out during the season. My winter coat has gone away, but it’s not always warm enough for no coat, so this is the perfect in between for those chilly mornings. I’m still looking for the perfect short lightweight jacket, so this will probably swap out for that once I’ve found it!
I’m also still on the lookout for another dress, but I’d quite like a patterned one. The star print dress I had on my wishlist was unfortunately way too short and had to be returned, but I’m happy to wait now until I find the perfect one!
So, let’s take a look at some of my ‘hero’ pieces so far:
- Cotton tee – White, 100% cotton, v-neck and extremely versatile! Perfect for Spring. This goes with literally everything in my wardrobe. A true hero piece.
- Linen mix jumpers – This season I’ve invested in 2 new jumpers, both linen/cotton mix. They are the perfect lightweight knits I need to see me through Spring and Summer, great for cooler days or throwing on in the evenings. The neutral colours fit perfectly into my capsule!
- Dungarees – Pulled these from storage and have been absolutely loving them! Super comfy and great for those days if I want a little more interest than plain skinny jeans. (outfit ideas here!)
- Wool coatigan – Just perfect while we’re still getting chilly mornings!
- Converse – I just love white Converse for Spring and Summer. Not the most practical with a naughty doggy, but I personally don’t mind too much if they’re not pristine (which mine most certainly are not!).
I feel like I’ve really got it right with this Capsule. There were a few pieces in my Winter Capsule that didn’t really serve a purpose or suit my lifestyle, however this time round I’m fairly confident I’ve got that fixed!
Have you updated your wardrobe for Spring yet? Feel free to leave comments below and links to your capsules, I always love to see what other people include in theirs!