Hi, I hope you’re all having a fab summer so far!
Although the recent weather is anything but summery, I still thought I’d share with you some of my summer essentials. It’s a mix of items covering style, beauty and accessories.
- Birkenstocks – An absolute summer essential for me. They’re so easy to slip on with any outfit for instant cool style points. Bonus that they’re actually extremely comfy too, with minimal breaking in required. I got mine last summer and still love them this year and many more years to come! Even though my sister thinks they’re the ugliest shoes she’s ever seen : )
- Tassel accessories – There’s something about tassels in summer! I love how these are super neutral so go with anything for a hint of bohemian vibes.
- Jo Malone perfume – This one is the Wood Sage & Sea Salt fragrance. I have to say it’s probably my favourite out of the entire range, and I wear it not only in Summer but through the rest of the year too (it shares Autumn/Winter with Blackberry & Bay, my other favourite!). It’s light and fresh, and reminds me of salty windswept beaches. The bottles are 30ml and are particularly handy to carry round in my bag for top ups throughout the day.
- Lip balm – I bought this back in April when we were visiting Cornwall for a week, and I have to say it’s lasting really well! It’s completely natural and handmade in Cornwall, and is of course cruelty free as well. I suffer with dry skin pretty much year round, so this has been brilliant to help protect my lips from wind and heat.
- Body brush – I’ve been using this daily to exfoliate and help boost circulation, particularly in my legs. Although I’m not yet rid of the dreaded cellulite, I feel there has been a slight improvement since using this, and if nothing else my skin feels a lot softer and smoother! Mine is so old I don’t know where I got it from, but this one is similar and cruelty free : )
- Linen mix tees – A perfect lightweight and breathable option for warm summer days. This style from Olive Clothing comes in a few colours, all in pretty muted tones. They’re a nice loose fit and are a cotton/linen mix so perfect for the Summer months. I’ll be wearing them through into cooler weather with a little help from thermal vests and cardigans!
- Sunglasses – Who could be without when the sun is shining? I’m not someone who will spend a lot of money on sunglasses as I always end up scratching, breaking or losing them altogether. Instead I keep it simple with this neutral pair in a flattering shape for those hard to come across sunny UK Summer days!
What are your summer essentials? I always love to find out what others use! Let me know : )
And let’s hope the sunshine returns sometime soon!